Berries are a saving grace! According to Anthony Williams book "Life Changing Foods" The medical medium states that their main power comes from antioxidants, the miracle fighters of free radicals. Antioxidants mean life, while oxidation means death. We need these antioxidants to fight the aging (oxidation) process, and to stay alive in the face of constant threats to our health. Berries broadcast their value with their deep purples, blues, and blacks, which come from the polyphenols. They're also rich in resveratrol and dozen of other phytochemical, amino acids, vitamin and minerals that give zest to life. Some of the ways they affect the body according to Anthony is the fact that they are true brain food. Not only are they B12-enhancing; they have the power to reverse stains on the brain. Also when you think of heart health, think berries. Nothing compares to the way berries protect heat valves and ventricles and remove plaque by dissolving hardened fat deposits within veins and arteries. The humble berry reigns supreme for keeping people out of the cardiologist's office.
So today experiment with your own health and see what adding these small but powerful food to your daily routine of eating can do for your health.
A few ideas of how to incorporate berries in your life:
* Eating your favorite berries shortly after sunrise will boost your energy and vitality throughout the day.
* Grazing between meals with some handfuls of berries can raise your body's frequency to bring you to a more positive, peaceful state.
* Berries can be added to a green salad, or a bowl of oatmeal.
* Add berries to pancakes, muffins and breads.
* Make a smoothie with cups of berries
* Make a dessert of a bowl of berries and a dollop of whipped cream.